Open Doors for Others
The Door Doctors wants to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU for your business. Your business is enabling us to GIVE BACK to our community and the world. Below are some of the projects we have helped fund.
- Napal Women: Once again, we have felt impressed to give $2,600 to World Health Initiative to fund surgeries for 4 more Nepalese woman with Pelvic Organ Prolapse. We invite you to click on the following link and watch a short video recounting the experience of one woman who had this life changing surgery. And please consider joining us in supporting this project.
2016 Christmas Offering
This year we dug deeper and decided to give $10,000. All of this money will go directly to the following charities:
- International Justice Mission: As describe in more detail below, this organization rescues kidnapped sex and labor slaves around the world and brings the predators to justice.
- World Relief: These funds will help provide for the needs of families fleeing from the war in the Middle East while they are displaced.
- Parker Task Force: Also described below, thisis an organization that provides for those who are experiencing unfortunate circumstances here locally.
- ADRA: Once again as God has blessed us we have been priviledged to be able to give $650 to Adra's "Fight Hunger and Malnutrition" program.
- ADRA: We are pleased to announce that, on August 5th, we were able to donate $500 to their Help ADRA Save Lives campaign to help free young girls from sex trafficking, a crime that has become epidemic around the world. If you want to help ADRA with this project, please call 1-800-424-ADRA (2372).
- Cancer Care Center at Parker Hospital: On November 19, 2015, The Door Doctors were pleased to donate $500 to Parker Hospital for their new Cancer Center. This money was used to provide compassionate care to patients, their familes, friends, and staff.
- New School in Peru: In September 2015, we assisted Bridge the Gap in acquiring land for a new school in Iquitos Peru. We feel strongly that the best way to curve poverty in developing countries is to allow their children to obtain an education. Contact Chuck Bobst at 208-249-5181 to see how you can get involved. Chuck Bobst runs Bridge the Gap, which is a non-for-profit organization that focuses on helping thepeople of Peru.
Christmas Offering In December 2014, we gave $4,000 to Newday's Christmas offering for the following non-profits:
- Parker Task Force: PTF is an amazing organization that serves our neighbors by providing food, financial assistance and other resources when they are in financial crisis. Jesus said, “When you feed the hungry, you’ve fed me.” This is exactly what PTF is doing in our community.
- Adventist Frontier Missions: AFM is serving those in Iraq who have been driven from their homes by ISIS. These displaced families had no winter clothes, so we partnered with them to get them warm coats and shoes. $45 will clothe one person with a winter coat and shoes. The loving work AFM is doing in this camp also earns them an inroad to share the love of God with people who desperately need to hear it! Jesus said, “When you have clothed the naked, you have clothed me.” This is exactly what AFM is doing in Iraq.
- International Justice Mission: IJM brings justice to the poor and powerless. Money given to this organization will pay for a human trafficking investigation, sex trade raids to free victims, and after-care for those who are rescued. Jesus came to bring freedom for the captives, and this is a way to make this really happen.
- Nepal In February 2014: The Door Doctors donated $6,000 to Centura's Global Health Initiatives (GHI). The money will be used to help 10 women who are currently suffering with a condition called Uterine Prolapse. This widespread problem in Nepal is caused when a woman carries heavy loads too soon after giving birth. It results in their uterus falling out of their body. Culturally, the women impacted by this problem are ostracized from their community due to hygienic issues. GHI estimates that about 800,000 women in Nepal are suffering from this condition. Please contact Greg Hodgson the Director of GHI if you would like to help give a woman in Nepal her life back. Greg can be reached at 303-931-1442.
- Bridge the Gap: The Door Doctors is excited to support the Jerusalem School in Iquitos Peru. We got involved by a helping nine children obtain an education for the 2013/2014 school year. We believe this is the best investment our company has ever made. The return is knowing that we helped to radically enhance the life of nine under-privileged children.
During the summer of 2011 we had the opportunity to visit this school and meet the children. In Iquitos we observed firsthand how a few dollars can forever change a child’s life. This journey began when we saw small children selling items on the street as late as 10:30 at night just to raise money for food. It broke our hearts when we observed a small five year old girl sleeping on the sidewalk close by. We then visited the Jerusalem School in Iquitos and saw how education was changing the lives of all the children who had an opportunity to attend. This organization is run by Chuck Bobst. Chuck and his team volunteer 100% of their time. This means that 100% of every dollar given goes directly to helping the children of Peru. It costs $450 to a sponsor one child to attend a school for a year. Feel free to call Chuck Bobst at 208-249-5181 to learn more about this opportunity.
Alternatively, feel free to give us a call to learn more about our visit to Iquitos and the chance to help change the life of a young person in Iquitos Peru.